The article I wrote for Wanderlust about my trip around Kosovo is finally online. It originally appeared in Issue 128, with a bunch of other stories about trips done on a strict budget of £250. I had a brilliant trip – hanging out with Prishtina’s artistic community, chatting with Serb ‘rebels’ and drinking way too [...]
An author with a funny way of looking at the world
Born in Sydney, currently living in London, Peter Moore has visited 101 countries across the globe.
In the process, he has written six best-selling travel narratives, each one recounting the amazing people and places he has encountered in his adventures.
Peter is also a well-regarded speaker, sharing his inspirational tales with companies, associations, literature festivals and schools around the world.
I’ve got my hot little hands on an advance copy of Paul Theroux’s new travelogue, The Last Train To Zona Verde. It’s about his most recent trip in Africa, an overland journey from Cape Town to Angola. I’m reviewing it for Wanderlust and, fingers crossed, it looks like I might get to interview him when [...]
Since I wrote off my new Vespa last September I’ve had to catch the train over to Windsor on the days I help out at Wanderlust. It takes twice as long and costs three times as much, but until the whole insurance/liability thing is sorted out, I don’t really have much choice. The upside is [...]
You’ve got to watch this video. It’s CCTV footage from the ferry that sails from the Shetlands to mainland UK and it is wild! I travelled to the Shetlands a few years ago. I flew up but caught the same ferry back from Lerwick to Aberdeen. Thankfully, it was a smoother sailing. But I was [...]
I had a pretty quiet year in travel in 2012. But the beauty of living somewhere like London is that, even in a quiet year, you can pop over to somewhere exotic and not spend that much money doing it. With that in mind, here’s what I got up to in 2012: Belgian Beach Holiday [...]
My first book, No Shitting in the Toilet, was published in 1998. In the intervening years, nay, decades, I have never seen anyone reading one of my books. I know people are buying them. I get a royalty cheque from my publishers every six months. (Unless Random House have become some bizarre philanthropic organisation, sending [...]
It’s that time of the year again, when every newspaper, magazine and website start listing their favourite albums/books/films of 2012. Who am I to buck a trend? Four out of five are from Swedish artists. I am nothing if not predictable. 1. Lion’s Roar – First Aid Kit I saw these guys support Jack White [...]
The annual Mr Singh International Turban Pride pageant was held in Amritsar on Sunday. And judging by the pictures that ran with The Daily Mail and Daily Telegraph articles, it looked like a real hoot. Indeed, I’m busy making room in my schedule so I can go along to the 2013 pageant. The pageant was launched [...]
Tweets from Peter
- @johndwyerbooks I guess I just fell in with a good crowd - right from getting a lift from Skopje. Also, the sense of possibility there 54 days ago
- RT @JohnDwyerBooks: @wanderlustmag @realpetermoore What is it about Kosovo that attracts you so much Peter? I'm intrigued. 54 days ago retweeted via JohnDwyerBooks
- Kosovo on a budget http://t.co/9lbU65A5Cb 54 days ago
- #Kosovo on a budget. How I spent a week in the Balkans best kept secret for under £250 inc. airfare: http://t.co/NxQBjQi0Dx @wanderlustmag 55 days ago
- The Chinese as you don't expect to see them: http://t.co/Oe3j84e2rq #maleonn 55 days ago
- Counting Countries November 29, 2005
- When Computers Die November 21, 2006
- Don’t let the bedbugs bite March 8, 2006
- Which celebrity do you look like? March 20, 2007
- The name’s Peter. Not Tim. February 16, 2006
- Kosovo on a budget March 28, 2013
- Meeting your heroes March 5, 2013
- The 100-year-old man who brightened my commute February 18, 2013
- Shetland by sea … sickness January 22, 2013
- My Year in Travel 2012 December 31, 2012
- Ben: This sounded like a great trip. It's definitely o...
- PeterMoore: Ha! Why not? We could do a good cop / bad cop styl...
- Alastair Humphreys: Can I tag along? I'd love to meet him!...
- PeterMoore: Hey Nick, I think you're right. If you don't ...
- Nick: I don't think it's bad form to ask - the old ada...
Tweets from NSITT
- Aircraft 'ice' hits cathedral in Essex. As they say in the airline industry, 'If it's blue, it's from the loo!' http://t.co/NjgOsNtz 315 days ago
- Astonished to discover that the Herpes Pizza parlour only has two likes on their Facebook page: http://t.co/2Yo5DCuK Why not help them out? 319 days ago
- #FunnySigns Funny toilet sign spotted in Norway: http://t.co/xt9q8QJX 323 days ago
- The reputation of generations of noble Samurai destroyed in seconds: http://t.co/fivhxmAL 323 days ago
- Fanny Tuna from Peru. Oh dear .... http://t.co/7IcitSrN 323 days ago